Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Food for Thought

Throughout the past few months, the Lord has been bringing various thoughts, verses, and songs to my mind that have comforted and convicted me, so I thought I would share some of them with you.

Here are a few samples from my journal:

Where does my security lie? In my love for God, or in His love for me?

---

I wonder if the reason that some people do not believe in the security of salvation is because they do not believe that God created the world. 

If they do not trust in God's ability to create the world and then sustain it, why would they trust in the Spirit's ability to initiate a relationship and sustain that?

---


This is my purpose in life:

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:9)
I also love how that verse says that we are God's possession -- God does not NEED us, but He chose us anyway. I love that about Him! For my part, I want to find my worth + identity in being His chosen possession!

---


"From the end of the earth I call to

   You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher
   than I...
Let me take refuge in the shelter of
   Your wings."
-Psalm 61:2,4
..............
O safe to the Rock that is higher than I, 
My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
So sinful, so weary -- Thine, Thine would I be;
Thou blest Rock of Ages, I'm hiding in Thee.

In the calm of the noontide, in sorrow's lone hour,

In times when temptation casts o'er me it's power;
In the tempest of life, on its wide, heaving sea,
Thou blest Rock of Ages, I'm hiding in Thee. 

How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe,

I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe;
How often, when trials like sea billows roll,
Have I hidden in Thee, O Thou Rock of my soul.
..............
Be still my soul: the wind and waves still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there! I absolutely love comments of any sort, so yours are certainly welcome! :) Thanks for making my day!